Groups of hosting solutions
A hosting service appertains to stashing and/or sharing certain content on a web hosting server handled by a web hosting distributor. There are different classes of hosting services used for different ends, so let's take a glimpse at them. Thus, you can determine what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to have a web page, email addresses, or to share files with comrades and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by particular vendors, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans are frequently supported by exhibiting ads next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain span of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely incongruous explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would split the workload between autonomous sets of servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different webspace hosting services (mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a kind of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given suppliers provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting variant is appropriate if you would like to share an enormous number of pictures with mates or partners since the solution is generally free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to managing your e-mail box accounts. Some vendors provide hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you want to launch an email address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can open email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred web page viewers, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will permit you to utilize as many video files as you desire without worrying about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to run a website. To some extent, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting forms since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and mail addresses, upload videos, and so on. At Ceyweb Solutions, for example, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that enable you to get all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse compared to the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for specific web content only.